CFHI is a not-for-profit organization with collaborations across the country that includes partnerships with researchers, practice leaders and front-line clinical leaders. We are governed by a Board of Trustees made up of dedicated provincial/territorial/regional health leaders and top private sector administrators.
Learn about our outstanding Executive Team, or connect with us using our Staff Directory.
We work with, rely on and are represented by an extensive network of healthcare improvement leaders in Canada and internationally that includes:
- Expert Faculty — Senior applied researchers and practitioners from various domains (clinical, managerial and policy sectors), who develop curriculum to support improvement and provide advice for facilitating analysis across our collaborations, improvement initiatives and teams.
- Academic Mentors — Senior applied researchers and practitioners with an array of skills and expertise, who offer tailored 1:1 advice to improvement teams to assist them with problem formulation, methodology and data requirements, as well as the systematic assessment and application of evidence from research to improvement initiatives.
- Improvement Coaches — System leaders (including current and former CEOs and VPs) with extensive service delivery expertise, who offer tailored 1:1 advice to improvement teams to assist them with their change management processes and the tactical and strategic approaches to effective implementation of the improvement initiatives.
- EXTRA Fellows and Alumni — A growing cadre of senior healthcare improvement leaders who have undertaken CFHI’s EXTRA program and led an improvement intervention project within their home organizations.
- Harkness Fellows and Alumni — A growing cadre of mid- to senior-career professionals—researchers, policy-makers, clinicians, managers and journalists—who spend 12 months in the United States to conduct a policy-oriented research study with leading U.S. health experts, organized by The Commonwealth Fund, in collaboration with CFHI.
- Excellence Through Evidence Awardees — Health services leaders who have successfully implemented evidence-informed innovations in care and service delivery.
- Partners and Sponsors — CFHI benefits from a wide range of partners and sponsors from across Canada and beyond, without which our work would not be possible.