Using Canadian Case Studies to Improve Healthcare for Inner City and Marginalized Populations
May 31, 2017
12:00 – 1:00pm ET
Un service d'interprétation simultanée en français sera offert pour cette séance.
Join the Conversation »
Did you know?
- It is estimated that 5% of the population relies on more than 60% of healthcare services and costs.
- Some high risk/high cost populations – such as inner city and marginalized – have unmet health needs because there are no options for care.
- CFHI is profiling Canadian healthcare organizations that are successfully using population health-based initiatives to improve care and service for their inner city and marginalized populations.
Consider this …
The Triple Aim framework was developed by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement to focus on enhanced experience of care, improved population health, and reduced per capita costs of care.
In Canada, this approach is being reflected in the innovative work of several healthcare organizations that are working across sectors, using population health-based initiatives, to improve health and outcomes (including costs) for inner city populations.
CFHI is drawing together case studies profiling the efforts of these organizations, in order to:
- better understand who comprises inner-city and marginalized populations, and what their needs are
- learn from examples of cross-sectoral initiatives in the Canadian context
- promote sharing and collaboration between local innovators
- explore ways to sustain, spread and scale these examples
- help build and share expertise
This On Call session will explore a cross-analysis of some promising case studies and shed light on the factors that have made these initiatives effective.
Join us as we:
- discuss how the population health-based approach is creating impactful improvement for the most vulnerable populations
- learn about innovative population health-based initiatives being used by organizations delivering care to inner city and marginalized populations
- explore how CFHI is working to strategically advance the use of the Triple Aim framework in Canada
Be part of the conversation!
This interactive On Call session will present the results of preliminary case studies profiling population health-based initiatives for inner city populations.